Best Cordless Curling Iron | ABC27
Which cordless curling irons are the best?
When it comes to adding curls or waves to your hair, there is no better tool than a good curling iron. Attempting to manipulate a standard corded curling iron can be frustrating — and potentially dangerous — when the cord keeps getting in the way. Cordless curling irons eliminate this problem and are much easier to use when traveling.
The best cordless curling iron is the Conair Unbound Cordless Titanium 1 inch curling ironwhich can be used both as a curling iron and as a curling iron.
What you should know before buying a cordless curling iron
Wireless curling irons are typically powered by rechargeable or replaceable batteries and replaceable butane gas cartridges.
- Rechargeable batteries: Rechargeable batteries are the most common power source for cordless curling irons. When buying a rechargeable cordless curling iron, pay attention to the maximum usage and charging time. Some models last less than 20 minutes on high heat settings, even on a full charge. Additionally, many take several hours to reach this full charge point.
- Replaceable batteries/cartridges: Replaceable batteries and cartridges work essentially the same. Both have high recurring costs when used regularly. Batteries have the advantage of being much easier to find and buy, while butane cartridges last longer and can sometimes be refilled.
The barrel of a cordless curling iron has two elements to look out for: size and material.
- Size: The size of your cordless curling iron will determine how tight or loose you can create a curl. They are available in four size ranges, measured in inches: extra small (1/2 to 3/4), small (3/4 to 1), medium (1-1.5), and large (1.75-2). Extra small barrels can create curls while large barrels are mainly for adding waves.
Material: Cordless curling iron barrels are typically made from one of four materials. In order of quality, from worst to best, these are: metal, ceramic, tourmaline and titanium. Avoid metal barrels that can easily damage your hair. Ceramic kegs cost little more and perform far better. Tourmaline and titanium can be expensive, but they are the best materials for thinner and thicker hair types, respectively.
What you should look for in a high-quality cordless curling iron
Heat-up speed measures how long it takes for a curling iron to reach its intended temperature. Cordless curling irons usually take longer to reach their intended temperature, sometimes even several minutes. The best cordless models can reach their intended temperature in about 2 minutes.
Every hair type has a temperature range where curling is safe to perform. You need a cordless curling iron with a suitable temperature range. Most models are between 200 and 450 degrees. Better models have longer ranges, but they may not have the best range for you.
How much you can spend on a cordless curling iron
Cordless curling irons usually fall in the same price brackets as corded curling irons. You can pay anywhere from $20 to $100 or more, although most cordless curling irons range from $30 to $60.
Frequently asked questions about the cordless curling iron
What is the difference between a curling iron and a curling iron?
A They serve the same purpose of curling or adding waves to your hair, but the techniques required to use them are different, as are your results.
- curling irons Use a clip to hold the ends of your hair in place while your hair is curled around the barrel. They create much tighter curls than curling irons and can even create ringlets if their barrels are small enough.
- curling irons do not have a clasp but require you to hold your hair with your hand, which is usually protected by a heat-resistant glove. They are better able to create loose waves as the hair is loosely wrapped around them.
How does an automatic curling iron work?
A Automatic curling irons can be a little expensive and don’t allow for the same variety as manual curling irons. But if you always want the same result, they can be a great time saver. Automatic curling irons grab the end of your hair and twist it around a barrel that rotates at the touch of a button. All other operations are essentially the same as manual curling irons.
What is the best cordless curling iron to buy?
Top wireless curling iron
What you need to know: This is the best choice for any curling needs you need on the go.
What you will love: It can run for up to 25 minutes on a full charge. Four temperature settings allow you to safely curl any hair type. A small lock on the shaft also allows it to be used as a curling iron.
What you should consider: In terms of price, it is in the upper range. The charging time is relatively slow and the 25-minute usage time in the product description refers only to the lowest heat setting.
Where to buy: Sold by Amazon
Top battery curling iron for the money
What you need to know: This affordable cordless curling iron is a great choice for anyone looking to save a little money.
What you will love: It uses a replaceable butane cartridge to power the heating element. That means you don’t have to worry about swapping out batteries or carrying around a charging cable or power adapter.
What you should consider: It can take up to two minutes to heat up. The replaceable power cartridge can result in high recurring costs that negate the low purchase price.
Where to buy: Sold by Amazon
It’s worth trying
What you need to know: For those who prefer to use an automatic curling iron, this curling iron is hard to beat.
What you will love: It can be charged from any device, including a power bank and car charger, and can work for up to an hour on a full charge. Six temperature settings make it safe for all hair types.
What you should consider: It takes up to four hours to fully charge and it’s bulky, making it a bit difficult to travel with.
Where to buy: Sold by Amazon
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter with useful advice on new products and notable offers.
Jordan Woika writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.