Data Science Outsourcing – Eminetra
Optimizing the company’s expenses or avoiding excessive expenses, improving financial performance, saving management resources, reorganizing the business quickly – all these tasks can be solved by outsourcing. We are going to talk about what this type of business is in this article, its features, costs, advantages and disadvantages.
What is Outsourcing?
Outsourcing: what is it? The term comes from the English abbreviation for the expression “outer-source-using”. Loosely translated it means the use of resources that are attracted from the outside. In Russian business usage, outsourcing is the involvement of third party companies by an organization to perform any function.
For large companies, this is the organization of catering services, cleaning (cleaning the territory), security, repairs, transportation. Small businesses often outsource accounting and legal functions as well as IT infrastructure maintenance.
The main parameters of the outsourcing cooperation are the relocation of functions of the company that are not part of the core business, the binding existence of a contract and its term of at least one year.
What is outsourcing for?
External companies are usually involved in the provision of services in the following cases:
- The company is small and it is more expensive to have your own service departments or individual specialists than to hire them on the side. Or some functions of the company require periodic one-off tasks that can be more easily ordered by external specialists in data science agencies.
- In a large company, having a large number of its own, non-profitable, non-core business areas has a negative impact on overall reporting (this is important, for example, if the company’s shares are listed).
- The company cannot spend large sums of money on non-core functions, is uncompetitive in some areas of expertise in the labor market and therefore has constant recruitment problems.
- The company needs to cut labor costs or just cut staff.
- A state or municipal organization must achieve a certain average salary (due to the outsourcing of poorly paid functions – for example cleaning, the average salary of the institution increases).
IT services outsourcing
It costs a lot of money to find a good programmer in the staff, and it is not always possible to put 100% work on such a specialist. Data science outsourcing comes to the rescue. But not only small companies use it. For example, Rosneft has outsourced its basic technological services so that only innovative and strategic IT departments remain in the company structure. Sberbank has set up a subsidiary specifically to withdraw from the core business of its IT departments.
There are two types of outsourcing:
- Maintenance of devices (keeping computer networks, servers, workstations in order, refilling cartridges, etc. In the professional environment, IT specialists call these services “Service Desk”);
- Creation and implementation of software, network infrastructure.
Information technology outsourcing allows you to solve the problem of finding qualified personnel and save money on equipment purchases and software updates.