New Epson Minilab printers encourage the production of custom, small format photos, graphics and stationery | National news
LOS ALAMITOS, CALIFORNIA., July 14, 2021 / PRNewswire / – As the demand for small-format photos continues to grow, companies are looking for a cost-effective way to get custom high volume volumes to be delivered immediately. To meet this need, Epson today has the SureLab. announced® D1070 and SureLab D1070DE Minilab Photo Printers – Drylab printers for high volume photo and graphic production. Designed for retail, event and e-commerce applications, the SureLab D1070DE features a duplex feeder for automatic two-sided printing on sheet media for photo books, greeting cards, invitations, postcards and more. The unique, modern design is ideal for the production photo and graphics markets, integrates seamlessly with workflows for maximum profitability and enables companies to offer their customers unique product offerings.
“Small-format, tangible photographs and graphics are still popular as people are looking for personalized photo products and localized graphics and stationery to keep as mementos of special moments and annual celebrations,” said ” Aaron Brill, Associate Product Manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The SureLab D1070 Series supports a wide variety of production environments including photo labs, retail kiosks, and gift stores. And with double-sided printing on the SureLab D1070DE, applications can be expanded to meet a range of printing needs that were previously unavailable all in one small format minilab printer. “
The new SureLab D1070 and D1070DE deliver exceptional print speeds of up to 460 4 “x 6”, 275 5 “x 7” or 140 8 “x 10” photos per hour,1 and are up to 10 percent faster than the previous generation.2 Use of an improved, reliable 6-channel MicroPiezo® Printhead, AccuPhoto™ Image processing technology and vivid UltraChrome® With the dye-based D6r-S ink technology, the printers deliver vivid, lifelike images and can precisely reproduce subtle color tones in portrait photos with smooth transitions and razor-sharp details. In connection with original photo media from Epson, the prints are water, smudge and light resistant.3
Additional features include:
- High capacity ink packs – UltraChrome D6r-S 250ml high capacity ink packs offer wide color gamut; Cartridge-free printing can help reduce waste compared to traditional cartridge systems
- Versatile media handling – Prints on a wide variety of heavy duty rolls and double or single sided sheet media,4th including glossy, glossy, matte, and thick card surfaces; maximum print width of 8.3 inches and offer BorderFreeTM Print in ready-to-frame sizes
- Easy to use – New front-facing 1.44-inch LCD panel simplifies printing tasks and operation; features new nozzle detection and alignment technology for less downtime and more reliable operation
- Improved connectivity and simplified software – Easy connection to the printer via Wi-Fi®, Ethernet or USB with a redesigned printer driver for Windows® and Mac®
- Small footprint – Compact size with integrated output tray and high-speed rotary cutter is well suited for photo booths, portrait and event photography
- Built for reliability – Reliable press, backed by Epson’s US support team and the Epson warranty
- Epson cloud solution PORT – Monitor the live status of your entire fleet of printers, regardless of their location in the world; View output production rates, printer status, errors, and more
Prices and availability
The SureLab D1070 Minilab Printer ($ 2,595 estimated MSRP) will be available in fall 2021 and the SureLab D1070DE ($ 2,995 estimated MSRP) will be available in 2022. A duplex feeder ($ 599 estimated MSRP) is available separately for double-sided printing of the SureLab D1070. Both models offer 1 year Epson Preferred as standardSM Limited warranty and available through authorized Epson professional imaging dealers. Visit www.epson.com/minilab for more information.
Epson is a global technology leader committed to creating sustainability together and enriching communities by using its efficient, compact and precise technologies and digital technologies to connect people, things and information. The company focuses on solving societal problems through innovations in home and office printing, commercial and industrial printing, manufacturing, visual and lifestyle. Epson’s goal is to become carbon negative by 2050 and eliminate the use of depletable underground resources such as oil and metals.
Run by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson group generates annual sales of around JPY 1 trillion. global.epson.com/
Epson America, Inc., based in Los Alamitos, California., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the USA, Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You can also connect to Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica) and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
* This printer is designed for use with genuine Epson cartridges and inks only, not with third-party cartridges or ink. Visit www.epson.com/wideformatink for more information
1 Product specifications can be changed without prior notice until the first delivery to the customer. The print speeds are based only on the speed of the print engine. The total turnaround time for each print depends on various factors including workstation configuration, file size, print resolution, ink coverage, and network. Actual print speeds will vary.
2 Compared to the Epson SureLab D870
3 Only with Epson original photo media and ink, smudge-proof, water-resistant and light-resistant prints.
4 double-sided media compatible only with the SureLab D1070DE
EPSON, MicroPiezo, SureLab and UltraChrome are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logo of Seiko Epson Corporation. BorderFree is a registered trademark, AccuPhoto is a trademark, and Epson Preferred is a service mark of Epson America, Inc. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in The United States and / or other countries. All other product and brand names are trademarks and / or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims all rights to these trademarks. Copyright 2021 Epson America, Inc.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-epson-minilab-printers-fuel-high-production-creation-of-customized-small-format-photos-graphics-and -stationary-301333273.html
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.